Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis-08.txt> (An Overview of the OAM Tool Set for MPLS based Transport Networks) to Informational RFC

2012-03-21 17:49:22
IESG,

I do *NOT* support this draft unless the following changes are made:

The first paragraph of section 8 Acknowledgements has to be removed:
It is an attempt to capture history, but lacks accuracy.
Removal does not impact the technical information in the draft;
the tools have evolved significantly from the strawman tools proposed
in Stockholm; some members of the MEAD team (I am one of them) do not
consider that an agreement on this proposal was reached.

I also request the removal of my name from this acknowledgements section
since I do not support this tool set, neither as an individual nor as
ITU-T Q10 rapporteur. The latter is implied by mentioning my name in
the same sentence as a WG chair and ADs.

Regards, Huub.

may be
sent to iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org instead. In either case, please retain the

Abstract

    This document provides an overview of the OAM toolset for MPLS based
    Transport Networks.  The toolset consists of a comprehensive set of
    fault management and performance monitoring capabilities (operating
    in the data-plane) which are appropriate for transport networks as
    required in RFC 5860 and support the network and services at
    different nested levels.  This overview includes a brief recap of
    MPLS-TP OAM requirements and functions, and of generic mechanisms
    created in the MPLS data plane to allow the OAM packets run in-band
    and share their fate with data packets.  The protocol definitions for
    each of the MPLS-TP OAM tools are defined in separate documents (RFCs
    or Working Group drafts) which are referenced by this document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mpls-tp-oam-analysis/ballot/