RE: [PWE3] FW: LastCall: <draft-betts-itu-oam-ach-code-point-03.txt>(Allocationof an Associated Channel Code Point for Use byITU-T Ethernet basedOAM) to Informational RFC

2012-03-23 10:47:30
A current AD might take precedence over a past one, but back when I was on the
IESG we twice had discussions of the use of RFC2119 keywords in informational
track documents. Both times we fortunately came to the same conclusion - that
it is fine to use RFC2119 keywords in informational (or experimental) RFCs.

Ross

From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Malcolm(_dot_)BETTS(_at_)zte(_dot_)com(_dot_)cn
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 11:39 AM
To: t.petch
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [PWE3] FW: LastCall:
<draft-betts-itu-oam-ach-code-point-03.txt>(Allocationof an Associated Channel
Code Point for Use byITU-T Ethernet basedOAM) to Informational RFC

Tom,

I have no objections to using the RFC 2119 key words, I am not sure if that is
appropriate in an informational track document, I expect that our AD will
provide some guidance.

Regards,

Malcolm

"t.petch" <daedulus(_at_)btconnect(_dot_)com>

23/03/2012 05:50 AM

"Loa Andersson" <loa(_at_)pi(_dot_)nu>,
<Malcolm(_dot_)BETTS(_at_)zte(_dot_)com(_dot_)cn>

cc

<ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>

Subject

Re: [PWE3] FW: LastCall:
<draft-betts-itu-oam-ach-code-point-03.txt>(Allocationof        an Associated
Channel Code Point for Use byITU-T Ethernet        basedOAM)        to
Informational RFC

Loa

The one point that jumps out at me is the proposed text
"Other message types should not be carried behind this code point."
or should that be
"Other message types SHOULD NOT be carried behind this code point."
which, in IETF-Land, is a bit different.

I prefer the latter.

Tom Petch