Re: Gen-ART review of draft-johansson-loa-registry-04

2012-04-02 09:24:09

On 04/02/2012 05:58 AM, david(_dot_)black(_at_)emc(_dot_)com wrote:
Leif,

The type of consistency you look for is extremely difficult to
ascertain and often rely on mapping the underlying policies.
However I do see your point. How about this:

"Protocol designers who want to reference this registry should be
aware that registered LoAs may depend on assumptions that do not
carry over to a new protocol."

Could you add "and that those assumptions may vary among the
protocols for which the LoAs were originally registered" ?

yep

On RFC 2119 terms, I suggest that you talk to your AD (Sean).  The
IESG recently approved an IANA registry creation draft that I
co-authored, draft-ietf-storm-rddp-registries, and as part of that
approval, removal of RFC 2119 terms was requested.  See:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-rddp-registries/history/

ok I'll do that. Thanks again!

Thanks, --David

-----Original Message----- From: Leif Johansson
[mailto:leifj(_at_)sunet(_dot_)se] Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 5:59 PM To:
Black, David Cc: leifj(_at_)nordu(_dot_)net; gen-art(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; turners(_at_)ieca(_dot_)com;
tim(_dot_)polk(_at_)nist(_dot_)gov Subject: Re:
Gen-ART review of draft-johansson-loa-registry-04