Re: Query to the community -- An additional IETF Meeting event?

2012-04-18 01:04:36
Apologies if this has been discussed and I missed them.  What are the
parameters for these activities?  Are any guidelines available yet?

John
John Jason Brzozowski
Comcast Cable
e) mailto:john_brzozowski(_at_)cable(_dot_)comcast(_dot_)com
o) 609-377-6594
m) 484-962-0060
w) http://www.comcast6.net

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF Chair <chair(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 11:40:22 -0400
To: IETF Announce <ietf-announce(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>,
"ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org" <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Subject: Query to the community -- An additional IETF Meeting event?

We sent a query to the community on March 16, 2012.  There was a
discussion on the IETF mailing list.  We also presented the topic in the
IETF chair and IAOC chair presentations at administrative plenary at IETF
83, and there was an active discussion at the open mic that followed.

Our conclusion is there is a consensus to test the event for the next two
IETF meetings (Vancouver and Atlanta).  We believe this can be done in a
manner that will not turn the meeting into a trade show, and we believe
that it will create an opportunity for IETFers to network with each
other, as well as talking to vendors and service providers.

On behalf of the IESG and the IAOC,
 Russ Housley
 Bob Hinden