Re: Comments on draft-farrell-decade-ni-06

2012-06-09 08:25:25

Hi Björn,

On 06/08/2012 03:16 AM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
I think the requirement in RFC 4395 section 2.6 applies here, there are
text fields in 'ni' and 'nih' addresses, so there needs to be some dis-
cussion about I18N and IRI issues, or a statement that there are none,
or something along those lines. What if I want a non-ASCII host name in
them, for instance?

So what's reasonable here?

We're inheriting some definitions (authority, unreserved &
pct-encoded) from 3986 and I'd not like to break that, nor
would I like something that doesn't work with most libraries.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
S.