RE: Future Handling of Blue Sheets

2012-06-17 02:37:42
This creates a distinguished identity, so if two "Fei Zhang"s attended in Paris
(only case I found in the attendee list), this would distinguish which of them
attended a particular meeting. It would not, however, tie them to an identity
on the mailing list, or to the "Fei Zhang" who attends the Vancouver meeting,
so I'm not sure what purpose it serves.

Yoav

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Tim Chown
Sent: 16 June 2012 13:54
To: Joel jaeggli
Cc: IETF Chair; IETF; ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Future Handling of Blue Sheets

If the purpose is simply differentiation of people with the same names, could
we not ask people to enter the last four digits of their IETF registration
number, which would presumably be unique, while being easy to remember?  The
number could even be on your badge to always be easy to look up.

Unless there's some reason to keep registration numbers private?

That would also allow poorly handwritten names to more readily be
checked/corrected by OCR when the sheets are scanned.

Tim