Re: Last Call: <draft-farrell-decade-ni-07.txt> (Naming Things with Hashes) to Proposed Standard

2012-06-26 06:27:07

Hi again Martin,

On 06/26/2012 12:11 PM, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
So the question is really, what's the use case, and what's just a
consequence of that use case. If confirmation of already available
resources (e.g. like a fingerprint) is the (main?) use case, and the
greater weight on "speakability" just a design consequence, then it
makes sense to have two separate things.

Yes, confirmation is the main current use-case for nih as I understand
it and have said previously. (Of course the resource might not yet
be present, so "already available" isn't quite right, but that's a
nit.)

Have we beaten this to death sufficiently now? I hope so;-)

If you want to suggest a sentence that says that, feel free.

Stephen.