Re: [IETF] Last Call: <draft-vegoda-cotton-rfc5735bis-02.txt> (Special Use IPv4 Addresses) to Best Current Practice

2012-07-22 10:45:13

On Jul 14, 2012, at 3:18 PM, Christian Huitema wrote:

Very useful document, certainly worth publishing.

+1

It is one of those documents that needs frequent updates.

+1

RFC 6052, IPv6 Addressing of IPv4/IPv6 Translators, makes reference to a
predecessor of this document, stating in section 3.1 that "The Well-Known
Prefix MUST NOT be used to represent non-global IPv4 addresses, such as those
defined in [RFC1918] or listed in Section 3 of [RFC5735]." I assume that
implementers will automatically upgrade their code to reference the new
version.

-1 -- I would not assume any such thing. I *might* guess that implementors will
include the new version in new / updated code, but the not necessarily the
"automatically" bit :-P