Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsawg-automated-network-configuration-04.txt> (Problem Statement for the Automated Configuration of Large IP Networks) to Informational RFC

2012-07-28 08:13:07
The draft-04 states in page-8:
5.1. Establishment of Link Layer Connectivity
The protocol aspects of this phase are out of scope, since it
involves non-IETF protocols only. While some link-layer technologies
may provide authentication and access control, this cannot be assumed
to be available in the general case.

If Link protocol is a non-IETF why it will be out of scope while used
by the IP devices? in the end the IP is over link protocols and
interacts with the below protocols. Why we need
applicability-statements or problem-statements if we think the link
layer is out of scope of IETF-RFCs?

Regards
AB