Open Internet Endowment Initial Campaign

2012-07-30 19:46:46
Today at IETF 84 in Vancouver, Lynn St. Amour and I announced the creation of
the Open Internet Endowment and its initial campaign focused on ensuring the
IETF's long-term financial health and continued independence. The web site is
up and running.  It offers more information and accepts contributions.

        http://www.openinternetendowment.org

The Open Internet Endowment has been established by the Internet Society, with
the support and direction of IETF leadership, based on discussions that have
taken place over the past several years. This announcement is intended as a
"family launch" to the IETF community. It gives our community an opportunity to
be a "first supporter" of this effort.  The "family launch" will end when we
make a public announcement in the near future.

Please consider supporting this effort and making a donation today!

Thanks for all you do for the Internet,
   Russ