Re: Flighhts: "direct" vs "non-stop"

2012-08-06 11:37:23
A "direct flight" is not the same as a "non-stop flight".  If you're
talking about a flight that goes from airport ABC to airport QRS, making no
stops along the way, it's a non-stop flight from ABC to QRS.

A "direct flight" from ABC to QRS, is a flight that has one flight
number... but that flight might make stops, and could even involve a change
of planes.

while i agree with you completely, and the misuse annoys me.  i fear it
may be like routers and switches.  we have lost the distinction.

my fave used to be ua flight 3, ord-ogg-koa-ord, direct ord-ord :)

randy