Re: Last Call: Modern Global Standards Paradigm

2012-08-11 10:22:18
    > From: John C Klensin <john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com>

    > It is worth remembering that in the most critical part of that period,
    > the IETF wasn't developing/pushing TCP/IP in the marketplace but had
    > its face firmly immersed in the KoolAid trough

Ahem. There were quite a few of us in the IETF sphere who were not at all
fans of the OSI stack - and we worked very hard on TCP/IP, and the deployment
thereof, precisely to kill the OSI stack.

No disagreement with your other comments, just that one point.

        Noel