RE: Last Call: Modern Global Standards Paradigm

2012-08-11 12:53:58
I support the IETF and IAB chairs signing the document,
Nurit

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
ext Adrian Farrel
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2012 12:38 AM
To: 'IETF'; 'IAB'; 'IETF-Announce'
Subject: RE: Last Call: Modern Global Standards Paradigm

Hi Russ,

I am conscious that this text needs to have the consensus of the three
groups
planning to co-sign, and we also need consensus of the IETF community
that you
sign it.

Given the first of these, I think the question you ask is "Are there
strong
objections?" not "Could we wordsmith this so we would be happier with
it?"

Had you asked the second question, I would have been first in line
(actually, I
already sent my thoughts a couple of weeks ago). But I agree there is no
scope
for that at this stage.

Since you asked the other question: No, I have no strong objection, and
support this statement being signed by you and the IAB chair.

Thanks,
Adrian