Re: Leading Global Standards Organizations Endorse 'OpenStand' Principles that Drive Innovation and Borderless Commerce

2012-08-29 08:12:25
On Wed 29/Aug/2012 11:54:02 +0200 Noel Chiappa wrote:
From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer(_at_)nic(_dot_)fr>

I strongly regret that "Commerce" has a specific mention, among all the
other uses of the Internet. The network is not only open for business!

I hear you, but unless the Internet were a money-making system it would not
have grown as quickly, or as large.  So I think it's OK to make that one
'primus inter pares'.

Not 'secundus'?  If we were looking at what makes it grow so quickly
and large, I would have said that free/open source software deserved a
special mention.