Re: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext-04

2012-08-30 09:26:37
Peter,
        Thank you for the comments.  Please see below for responses in-line.

On 8/29/2012 11:31 PM, Peter Yee wrote:
I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART,
please see the FAQ at <
http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>

Document: draft-ietf-ccamp-assoc-ext-04
Reviewer: Peter Yee
Review Date: Aug-28-2012
IETF LC End Date: Aug-29-2012
IESG Telechat date: Not known

should be
fixed before publication. [Ready with nits.]

This document provides extensions to the scope of use of the RSVP
ASSOCIATION
object as well as providing an extended ASSOCIATION object capable of
handling
a longer Association ID.

Nits:

In the last example (Symmetric NAT), last sentence: "mechanisms" ->
"mechanism".

Section 2, 4th paragraph (the replacement text): "the the" -> "the".

Section 3.2.1, 2nd paragraph, 1st sentence: "are" -> "is".  Alternatively,
you
could change "format" to "formats".

Section 3.2.2, 1st sentence: "apply" -> "applies".

Section 4.2, 1st sentence: "a" -> "an" in both occurrences.

Section 4.2, last paragraph, 2nd sentence: "a" -> "an".

Thank you!

Questions:

These are questions you may wish to answer but the draft is acceptable
without response:

1) In Section 4.2, 4th bullet, is there any implied relationship between the
Extended Association ID and the Association ID?  Or are they independent
values that simply must be matched?

The latter (as the text says.)

2) Section 4.2, 5th bullet, you make a first and only mention of padding
bytes.
Are you using a specific method for generating these padding bytes or are
they random?

No, as it is completely up to the creator of the object to use it consistently.

Given the matching requirement on ASSOCIATION objects,
it might be best to specify the padding generation so that if the object is
regenerated, it will still be matched by intermediary nodes.  I've presumed
that the padding bytes are for meeting the 4-byte multiple requirement,
but I don't know if implementations would ever be free to regenerate the
object for subsequent transmissions of that object.

I'll add ", without modification," to the last sentence of 3.1.2 and 3.2.2.

Thank you for the comments!

Lou