Re: NomCom 2012-2013: Call for Nomination and Feedback

2012-09-07 05:01:23
On 9/6/12, NomCom Chair <nomcom-chair(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> wrote:

However, we also need the community's views and input on the jobs
within each organization. If you have ideas on job responsibilities
(more, less, different), please let us know.  Please send suggestions
and feedback to nomcom12(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org.
Suggestion to assist; 1) the DA responsibility of "The DA is to select
the WG chair"
and 2) to assist the method of NomCom collection of feedback
information from community.
My suggestion is to add a report/questionnare for comments on WGs
performance, as just to collect comment/feedback on WG progress from
only the community. Usually community feedback on WGs' progresses are
very important for the IETF, which a lack of progress maybe due to
chair or DA position, which I think is the most important issue in all
nominations vote decision. The feedback can be named the
community-WG-progress-report or ietf-participants-feedback-report,
which has many advantages.

In abstract the advantages are; firstly, the
community-WG-progress-report will be attached to an optional DA-report
that will be given to the new DA. The new DA will be able to decide
how to select/advise/follow-up-with the WGs chairs for the next year.
Secondly, the community-wg-progress-report will help NomCom12 to vote
on the nominated positions, if previous chairs or DAs are going for a
position as IESG or other.

I am not sure if we already have this community feedback about WG
progress. IMO, no IETF member can vote efficiently without information
or feedback from internet-community.

Best Regards
AB

Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees, and in providing

feedback about individuals we are considering for IETF leadership
positions.

Matt Lepinski
nomcom-chair(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org