Re: Change in I-D announcement format

2012-10-24 08:29:06
And now there seems to be another unannounced change, in that in
addition to the usual announcement format e-mails, there may also be, or
may not be, the appearance seems random, of

Subject: New Version Notification -

e-mails.  This may or may not be an improvement, depending on how long
it takes me to work out what is happening and whether or not I then like
my conclusion.  And whether or not what I rely on is still available.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Housley" <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com>
To: "Brian E Carpenter" <brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
Cc: "IETF discussion list" <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: Change in I-D announcement format

Brian:

There was no announcement that this change was about to be deployed;
however, there was a long discussion of the change.  It started with a
request for the HTML version of the I-D instead of the plain text
version.  At the end of the discussion the decision was to use the
Datatracker URL as it allows anyone to get the plaintext or a diff with
just one more click.

Russ