Re: WG Action: Rechartered Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (bfd)

2012-11-08 09:06:00
----- Original Message -----
From: "Adrian Farrel" <afarrel(_at_)juniper(_dot_)net>
To: "'t.p.'" <daedulus(_at_)btconnect(_dot_)com>; <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2012 5:43 PM
Hello Tom.

Charter text is distinct from milestones.
The charter is discussed by IESG and put out for community review.
Milestones are set by the chairs in discussion with their AD.
The process for handling the updates is also different.

The BFD chairs agreed with me that they would update the milestones
once the new
charter text was posted, so I hope we'll see that "soon".

Understood, but be aware of the impact it has, at least on me.  I was
glad to see that one item, which I expect to engage with, was still in
the Charter and then looked below to see when I might want to set aside
time for it, only to see all those dates in the past, reminiscent of all
those failed project plans that I have seen over the years.  If the
dates are not updated, then I would think it a better process to send
out just the updated Charter, without any dates.

Tom Petch

Cheers,
Adrian