Re: Is there ongoing work on SNMP IPv6 mibs ?

2012-11-10 06:18:21
---- Original Message -----
From: "Carlos M. martinez" <carlosm3011(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
To: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2012 5:24 PM

I'll take the silence as a NO :-)
<tp>
IETF protocols have since long required to countenance both IPv6 and
Management, which for the most part means SNMP, so the developers of a
protocol to support e.g. left-hand flange-benders would be expected to
provide a suitable SNMP MIB module which includes IPv6, so the answer is
everywhere.

There is an IETFMIBS mailing list which provides a home for SNMP matters
of a general nature, while, since management falls within the Operations
Area, the Operations Area Working Group provides a home for SNMP work
which does not naturally fall within the remit of another Working Group.

Details, how to subscribe, view the archives and so on are all available
via the IETF website.

Tom Petch

So, as a humble kinda newcomer, where should I take some ideas regarding
IPv6 mibs ? Which should be the appropiate WG ?

Cheers!

~Carlos