Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-terriberry-ipr-license-00.txt

2013-02-19 07:47:07
As part of the preparations for the video-codec effort, we (Mozilla) are seeking feedback on a set of suitable IPR licensing terms. We hope these terms could be used (voluntarily) by all (or at least most) contributors to the effort, which would simplify the legal analysis required to deploy the codec. draft-terriberry-ipr-license-00 contains a first draft of such terms. We're very interested in getting feedback on them, both from those making contributions and those who might implement or deploy the codec.
--- Begin Message ---

A new version of I-D, draft-terriberry-ipr-license-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Timothy B. Terriberry and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-terriberry-ipr-license
Revision:        00
Title:           Example IPR License Terms
Creation date:   2013-02-18
Group:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 5
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-terriberry-ipr-license-00

Abstract:
   This draft gives provides an example set of licensing terms for use
   in IPR disclosures that are compatible with the goals of the proposed
   video-codec working group for further discussion and refinement by
   participants at the IETF.  Although usage of such a license is
   strictly voluntary, the hope is that getting agreement on a set of
   terms before the bulk of the work begins will allow contributors to
   use a common license and minimize the amount of legal analysis that
   must be performed in order to deploy the codec.

The IETF Secretariat

--- End Message ---