Re: Internet Draft Final Submission Cut-Off Today

2013-02-27 03:25:15
Hi,

[...] ferkakte [...]

As a German, I'm now torn apart between being flattered that we've
successfully exported a German word to the U.S. and being
speechlessly shocked by the way spelling was b0rked in the process.

I believe that it's actually Yiddish.

yup:
http://www.yiddishdictionaryonline.com/dictionary/display.php?action=search&type=rom&word=farkakt

still my bet would be that this Yiddish word has Germanic origins….

Here we see one of the *good* things about having an I-D cutoff
deadline. One finally finds time to do /other/ things ;-)

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche