Re: recognition

2013-03-15 08:50:08

On Mar 15, 2013, at 9:39 AM 3/15/13, Jari Arkko
<jari(_dot_)arkko(_at_)piuha(_dot_)net> wrote:

I wanted to give recognition to someone. As Ralph Droms stepped down from the
IESG this week, he completed 24 continuous years of service in the leadership
of the IETF, with a dot on his badge. The last four years he has been one of
the INT ADs, and before that he chaired the DHC working group for 20 years
(!). Thank you Ralph for everything you have done!

If you see Ralph in the hallway, please stop and thank him for his service
and contributions with DHCP and many, many other things.

The proceedings of the first meeting of the DHC WG are here:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/13.pdf (page 59).

Thank you, Jari.  It has been a privilege and a series of stimulating
challenges to work in the IETF for all these years.  I've met and made many
friends and worked with remarkable people accomplishing remarkable things.

I have every expectation to continue participating actively in the IETF ... way
too much fun to stop now.

I happened to review the original dhc WG charter from IETF 13, and noticed this
last line:

    Estimated Timeframe for Completion: (to be determined)

- Ralph

Jari Arkko
IETF Chair