Re: Please review draft-housley-rfc2050bis-00.txt

2013-03-17 07:36:29
Hi Russ,

I have four questions before following the request. Qs below; please answer,

[rfc2050bis-00]
The administrative structures of the Internet Numbers Registry System
described in this document are largely the result of the interaction
of operational practices, existing routing technology, number
resource assignments that have occurred over time, and network
architectural history.  Further discussion and analysis of these
interactions are outside the scope of this document.

1) Is this a historic document of Internet numbers or informational,
you mention history of what *occured over time*, but does the document
show dates?

2) The operational practices you mentioned and existing routing
technology, do they have technical purposes? if yes I think it will be
in scope to provide the purposes of thoes practices in the
applicability statement section.

3) Was this document's concerns discussed in IETF Routing Area or a
related document produced by the area? if yes please refer, if not I
recommend to be discussed.

4) What is the reason of out of scope, and not even refering to a
reference best paractice? Will there be IETF discussion and analysis
of these interaction in future? I think if informational document some
recommendations and analysis are helpful.

Regards
AB