Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-webfinger-10.txt> (WebFinger) to Proposed Standard

2013-03-18 03:54:16
On Mon, Mar 04, 2013 at 12:24:24PM -0800,
 The IESG <iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> wrote
 a message of 33 lines which said:

- 'WebFinger'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-webfinger-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

This is a very important protocol (we need a standard way to get
information about people and other entities, which do not rely on a
central closed silo). I've read the draft carefully and I believe it
is mostly OK.

However, I reported two problems to the webfinger mailing list and I
believe they require a new version of the I-D. One is the wrong tag
for the default language (zero comments on the mailing list) and one
is the lack of details on the matching of URIs (it seems there is a
consensus on the mailing list to add a reference to a specific
algorithm of RFC 3986).

(A smaller problem is an imperfect example of language tags.)