Re: STEAM: BOF proposal for Berlin

2013-04-01 10:40:03
STEAM: BOF proposal for Berlin

You may have noticed a recent trend in the IETF towards very
lightweight protocols for the Internet of Everything. >
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-draft-draft is the most fully
developed proposal on the table today.  It is extremely lightweight by
simply using UDP and nothing else.

Recently, however, that draft has been criticized for lack of
congestion control.  And rightly so, because the only way to have
congestion control is to use TCP.

Is efficiency problem, did not you read draft-draft-draft ?

And, TCP is all you need.
But then, clearly, there aren't enough RFCs about TCP yet [RFC4627].
A new WG will therefore develop "Secure TCP Extensions for Application
and Management" (STEAM).

Again, TCP is all you need, but it hasn't been used for Provisioning
very much yet

Too complicated Daniel, you always attack my ideas since we twin babies
together and now you attack even on our birthday.

D.Raft (Ms)