Re: last call comments for draft-ietf-6man-stable-privacy-addresses-06

2013-04-22 15:31:29
H Fernando,

On 4/22/13 9:23 PM, Fernando Gont wrote:

There seems to be a disconnect here:

We want an algorithm that, roughly speaking, whenever you connect to the
same network, gives you the same address. But such address should be
different for each network you connect to.

Thank you, and yes there was a disconnect.  Indeed now I get it.  For
some reason I had assumed that you meant for some short period of time,
but the algorithm is clearly aimed at longer periods of time (e.g.,
across reboots).  Given that, the inputs the WG has stated seem
perfectly reasonable.

How would an IPv6 implementation employing this specification vary from
this specification in a way you or the working group would find
objectionable?
If, for the same interface you employ this algorithm *and* the
traditional SLAAC algorithm, that's objectionable.

Right.  With you now.

Thanks again...

Eliot