Re: Do we have an estimated date for completing the IESG selection process for this year?

2013-04-30 13:09:51
Hi Martin,

On Apr 30, 2013, at 6:21 PM, Martin Stiemerling
<martin(_dot_)stiemerling(_at_)neclab(_dot_)eu> wrote:

Hi Ted,

On 04/30/2013 01:19 AM, Ted Hardie wrote:
So, this page: http://www.ietf.org/iesg/members.html still has TBD
listed for one of the transport ADs.  Is there a projected date for
appointment at this point?

Forgive the broad distribution of the question, but it's not clear
whether this question is solely directed at the nomcom, the IESG, the
IAB or the community at large.

It is the NOMCOM and the IAB as confirming body.

While this is true, we've been aware of a problem for three months now, and
we're not aware of any resolution or of any attempt to resolve the issue. We
know that there are several candidates (Still listed on the NomCom website) and
for some reason (which we can only guess at) none of them is being appointed.

Will that seat remain vacant for a year? Two years? Is there some flaw in the
process that prevents this issue from being resolved?

Inquiring minds want to know

Yoav