RE: I-D Action: draft-crocker-id-adoption-02.txt

2013-06-03 04:10:15
Thanks Lloyd,

I doubt that we should make commentary on IRTF practices, but you are right that
it would help to clarify "This document applies to the IETF stream only (i.e.,
not the IAB, IRTF, or Independent streams)"

Thanks,
Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
l(_dot_)wood(_at_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk
Sent: 03 June 2013 02:52
To: brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com;
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: I-D Action: draft-crocker-id-adoption-02.txt

I'd argue that the draft also needs to discuss IRTF processes, such as they
are.

though the IRTF groups are sufficiently similar to IETF WGs that you might
think
the same processes apply, having a draft being adopted by an IRTF group means
far less, for example, and there appear to be other differences.

At the very least, a 'this doesn't cover IRTF research groups, where practices
very widely' is needed.

Lloyd Wood
http://sat-net.com/L.Wood/