Re: When to adopt a WG I-D

2013-06-04 12:56:09

On 5/30/2013 7:59 AM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
On May 29, 2013, at 11:53 PM, Adrian Farrel
<adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

I can also see potential for adding some info to the Tao, but the danger there
is that document becomes too big and too detailed to be of use.

Many would claim it already is. We discussed that here a few years ago, and informally decided
"too long" was better than "too short and with a lot of pointers to other documents
that needed to be read".

Is this a tutorial?

Mainly. To quote...

      NOTE:    This draft is intentionally non-normative.  It is meant as a
      guide to common practice, rather than as a formal definition of
      what is permissible.

Proposal: maybe don't do this as an Internet Draft, but do it as a tutorial.

Or in the TAO, which is fairly clearly non-normative even when issued as an RFC.

:-)

Joe