Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pkix-est-07.txt> (Enrollment over Secure Transport) to Proposed Standard

2013-06-11 03:30:55
At 07:45 10-06-2013, The IESG wrote:
The IESG has received a request from the Public-Key Infrastructure
(X.509) WG (pkix) to consider the following document:
- 'Enrollment over Secure Transport'
  <draft-ietf-pkix-est-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by 2013-06-24. Exceptionally, comments
may be

There weren't any comments during the WGLC of draft-ietf-pkix-est-06. The AD review of draft-ietf-pkix-est-06 was posted to the mailing list and the only comments after that was "this version address my concerns".

I read the document. It is about the use of an obsolete Proposed Standard or later versions of that specification. The comments from three individuals who happen to be Area Directors creates a conundrum; should I give more weight to them or to a content-free comment? I do not support the publication of this document as a Proposed Standard as it is doubtful that it has the consensus of the working group.

Regards,
-sm