Diversity: Call for community input

2013-06-17 15:03:23
Hi all,

The diversity design team is working on mechanisms to increase
the range of perspectives within the IETF, while maintaining high
standards of quality.

Our goal is to help improve the composition and dynamic of the
IETF, by finding ways to incorporate a wide range of perspectives
within the IETF, and specifically in the IETF management teams.
One way of achieving this is to ensure that participants differ
along many different personal, social, and professional
attributes. The expectation is that the greater range of
perspectives leads to considering issues more deeply and with
more sensitivity.

Community feedback is the most important input that helps us
determine the aspects are currently working well in the IETF in
this regard and those that are not. We cannot properly execute
the task of proposing new mechanisms or modifying existing
mechanisms to further these goals without **your** participation
and feedback.

We would like to help the IETF management make choices that
maximize the IETF's ability to include and encourage all
interested participants, and maximize their contributions to IETF
work.

On that basis, we are seeking input from people based on their
personal experiences about

* actions and activities that have worked well to improve the
  inclusiveness of the IETF process

* actions and activitiets that have not worked well to improve
  the inclusiveness of the IETF process

* actions and activities that have worked *against* inclusiveness
  of the IETF process

If you have experience with other technology based organisations
that have broad consultation practices, we would also like to
hear about examples of actions taken that work well to include
participation from diverse communities

Please provide us your input by sending an email to the diversity
design team at diversity-dt(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org . You can provide
**anonymous** feedback by contacting either of the design team
leads Suresh Krishnan <suresh(_dot_)krishnan(_at_)ericsson(_dot_)com> and
Kathleen
Moriarty <kathleen(_dot_)moriarty(_at_)emc(_dot_)com> who will anonymize it for
the rest of the members.

Thanks
Suresh Krishnan & Kathleen Moriarty
for the diversity design team