Re: Appeal Response to Abdussalam Baryun regarding draft-ietf-manet-nhdp-sec-threats

2013-07-03 14:16:24
On Jul 3, 2013, at 2:18 PM, Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:
As with most 'social' analyses, it's usually a good idea to look for a bit
more than an entirely trivial numbers game, such as by trying to find some
criterion that helps to distinguish amongst the appellants.

Yup.   E.g., it's worth reading the IESG response to John Klensin's appeal, and
also the IESG response to Dean's most recent appeal.   I wasn't on the IESG for
either of these, so I have no attachment to the text as written, but in both
cases it seems very clear to me that the right thing was done, and that the