Re: Gen-ART LC/Telechat Review of draft-ietf-jcardcal-jcard-04

2013-07-22 11:14:50
Le 2013-07-22 13:55, Philipp Kewisch a écrit :
-- 3.2.1.1:

What happens for future versions of vCard? Do you simply use the new version
number, or would we need a new version of this spec? I suspect the latter.
If true, it might be worth mentioning that, or somewhere early in the draft
mention that this spec is for vCard 4.0 only.
I'd love to hear from the WG here, but given vCard 5.0 can at least in
theory be completely different, I think the correct thing to do would be
to restrict this jCard document to 4.x and when 5.x comes around create
a revision of the document. Of course the text could be changed so that
its "valid until revised by another document", in case the changes in
5.x are minor enough that no change in jCard is needed.

In any case, there should be a text change that any 4.x revision is
allowed. For example, I recently read a suggestion for signed vCards
that might use a version "4.0s".

I'd prefer "valid until revised by another document", which is
equivalent to not saying anything since that's how RFCs work. Therefore,
my suggestion would be to simply remove this sentence: "Similarly, the
value of the version property MUST be "4.0"."

Simon