Re: New Mailing List: Internet governance and IETF technical work

2013-09-05 04:01:55
On 9/4/13, IAB Chair <iab-chair(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> wrote:
As requested by the community, the IAB has decided to open a mailing list
discuss topics regarding the intersection of Internet governance and IETF
technical work. In particular, this list will focus on issues relating to
Internet governance and regulation, including the 2014 ITU Plenipotentiary
Conference, and their potential to impact the future of the Internet
architecture. In that regard, the community is invited to participate in
this
mailing list with an eye toward both receiving more information about these
events and advising the IAB by identifying key issues for which the board
may
wish to provide technical clarifications on how certain policy outcomes
could
impact the Internet architecture.
-----
Because Internet governance is often a sensitive topic and passions often
run high, while anyone from the IETF community is welcome, those who join
the
list will be expected to stay within the parameters above (e.g., receiving
information and providing constructive advice to the IAB) and to comport
themselves in a respectful way toward all.  To encourage inclusion, we are
asking that individuals avoid repetitive or excessive posting. The IAB's
ITU-T
Coordination Program Leads (currently Ross Callon and Joel Halpern) may, at
their sole discretion, remove or moderate individuals whose posting is not
of
assistance to the IAB or, in the opinion of the Program Leads, of benefit
the IETF community.

I am confused of what is asked to an individual in ietf community,
first I understand you want invite me to discuss a topic on a list but
in the same time you don't want excessive posting (while agreeing that
all don't want repetition). Discussions may need many postings related
to our interests. People have different ways of measuring
posts/discussions, Do you mean the definition of excessive is 5 posts
per week? However, I am sorry that it seems that I will not join that
list as long I don't understand the value of these discussion
conditions, and don't need excessive conditions managing my
volunteering participation rights.

AB