RE: [v6ops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-mobile-device-profile-04.txt> (Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) Profile for 3GPP Mobile Devices) to Informational RFC

2013-09-10 03:20:26
Re-,

I really don't see how you can have a phone that "make a phone that works
perfectly well on an IPv6-only" if you don't support IPv6/IPv4v6 PDP context,
you don't have a means to make work broken applications when IPv6-only is
enabled, if the phone does not follow the procedure for requesting the PDP
context, how you can be compatible with DNSSEC, etc.

If what you mean by "perfect" is a degraded level of service, then you are
right.

I update the text to reflect this:

      NOTE WELL: This document is not a standard, and conformance with

      it is not required in order to claim conformance with IETF

      standards for IPv6.  The support of the full set of features may

      not be required in some contexts (e.g. dual-stack).  The support

      of a subset of the features included in this profile may lead to

      degraded level of service (e.g., IPv6-only mode).

      This document uses the normative keywords defined in the previous

      section only for precision.

Is this better?

Cheers,

Med