Time to dump X.400 support?

2013-09-24 11:26:42
Looking at the extreme breach of trust by US govt re PRISM, I think it is
time to do something we should have done decades ago but were stopped at US
Govt request.

Lets kill all support for X.400 mail.

This is still in use, I know. But looking through the PKIX spec the schema
is ten pages long. I count seven pages of garbage that we could kill if we
abandoned support for X.400, garbage character sets no longer needed, bogus
time formats, etc. etc.

Certificates do not need to be as complicated as X.509v3 made them. To work
with certificates issued for the Internet, an application needs to support
only 20% of the PKIX schema at most.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/