Re: Last Call: <draft-kolkman-proposed-standards-clarified-03.txt> (Characterization of Proposed Standards) to Best Current Practice

2013-10-03 03:58:15

On 25 sep. 2013, at 12:44, Benoit Claise <bclaise(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:

Reading this draft, I wonder: why would someone still want to go for Internet
Standard, since PS is "mature", "as mature as final standards from other
standards development organizations"? Maybe you want to expand on this.

There is a real difference IMHO. For an Internet Standard the IETF came back
after some time and assessed that there were really no hurdles to gain
interoperability. It is an IETF seal of an observed track-record.That is a
_maintenance_ issue.

An important piece of standardization is the maintenance of the standards
suite.

Not sure if that needs words in the draft.

Thanks for the editorial nits. I'll safe them for after last call has finished.

--Olaf