Re: Montevideo statement

2013-10-08 07:55:36

I think the US executive branch would be better rid of the control before the
vandals work out how to use it for mischief. But better would be to ensure
that no such leverage exists. There is no reason for the apex of the DNS to
be a single root, it could be signed by a quorum of signers (in addition to
the key splitting which I am fully familiar with). And every government
should be assigned a sovereign reserve of IPv6 addresses to prevent a
scarcity being used as leverage.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/

        Quorum signing with split keys  was already built and tested in a root
server operator testbed (the OTDR testbed) from 1998-2005.  It was considered
more fragile than the current system.

/bill