Re: Community Feedback: IETF Trust Agreement Issues

2013-10-10 14:51:25
On Oct 9, 2013, at 2:07 PM, Adrian Farrel
<adrian(_at_)olddog(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

Hi Chris,

I have become confused between the permission necessary to republish the Tao,
and the request to republish under a Creative Commons license.

Can I try to clarify.

Do we or do we not grant permission for others to publish the Tao and the
translations of the Tao under section 3c of the TLP at
http://trustee.ietf.org/docs/IETF-Trust-License-Policy.pdf ?

Thanks and sorry for dragging this on.

Hi Adrian,

Yes we do indeed grant others to publish the Tao under the existing license, we
however cannot grant the license to republish it under Creative Commons based
on legal advice, and there is currently no community support to change that per
my original message.  I hope that helps.

Thank you

Chris