Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dhc-option-guidelines-14.txt> (Guidelines for Creating New DHCPv6 Options) to Best Current Practice

2013-10-25 06:05:01
On Oct 25, 2013, at 1:57 AM, Cullen Jennings <fluffy(_at_)iii(_dot_)ca> wrote:
Ted, as an IESG member, are you really sticking to a that the meaning of a
BCP?

Working groups are where IETF consensus comes from.   The IETF mailing list
review is there to see if the IETF disagrees with the working group consensus.
 I'm trying to explain to you, the only (late) dissenter in the IETF last call,
why I think the IETF should have consensus to publish the DHC working group's
advice about how to implement DHCP options as a BCP.   I'm doing this because I
think that it is the right thing.   If you think it's the wrong thing, at least
do me the courtesy of walking me through your reasoning.

Can you make a clear argument for why some RAI working group, and not the DHC
working group, should be the one to offer advice on how to do DHCP options?
Would you, for example, want sipping to be where advice on how to do new DNS
RRtypes comes from?