RE: Last Call: <draft-ietf-mpls-tp-rosetta-stone-12.txt> (A Thesaurus for the Terminology used in Multiprotocol Label Switching Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) drafts/RFCs and ITU-T's Transport Network Recommendations.) to Informational RFC

2013-10-27 16:31:37
I think authors/you did not reply to all my review dated 17 October,

Really?
If you look carefully you will find that I replied at considerable length to
every point you made in your lengthy review.

and the new version 13 of the draft is dated 20 October
before replying to my review on the list.

Sure. And why not?
The authors saw your comments and updated the document. What more could you
possibly want?

The last call was for version 12 and the authors found
my review to help to update fix without replying to the
review with the community.

Right.
How wonderful for you that your comments were adopted by the authors.

 I recommend always reply before submitting new drafts
after LC.

An interesting recommendation that people may take at face value.

I will not reply/discuss because I feel discouraged by authors.

That is entirely your choice.
I don't know that I could say anything that would not discourage you further.

The reply saying fixed but not mentioned that my review
result was before the discovery to fix,

Frankly, I don't care about that. Your objective was to get the document
changed. The document was changed. You should be happy.

it seems like the reply is saying we fixed it before you reviewed
or discovered the nits.

I understand that that is how it seems to you.
But it doesn't say that.
I would positively die of boredom if every time I typed (to anyone) "fixed in
version -xx" I had to type "this has been fixed in version -xx, as a result of
your careful and most excellent review."

Some of us don't have the luxury to be discouraged by our email exchanges. Some
of us have the joy to be an AD and type long and painful responses to emails.
Some of us don't get a note saying "Thank you for responding to my review and
updating the document to take into account my comments."

I really must say that none of this is cultural or related to remote
participation. It is frankly annoying.

Adrian