Re: connection limits, was: [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-24

2013-11-03 11:01:09
A huge number of connections might be problematic for a 2.0 intermediary/proxy
talking to an HTTP 1.1 server.

Not sure that should be dealt with in the spec.

Peter

On Oct 30, 2013, at 1:50 AM, Julian Reschke
<julian(_dot_)reschke(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de> wrote:

On 2013-10-30 09:31, S Moonesamy wrote:
Hi Julian,
At 09:03 29-10-2013, Julian Reschke wrote:
I have trouble parsing this comment. Do you see an issue here?

I read the text again (Section 6.4).  It is difficult to say what is
deemed abusive.  You could get around that with, for example:

  A client SHOULD limit the number of simultaneous open connections
  that it maintains to a given server as each connection consumes
  server resources.

Please note that I used some text from the third paragraph of that section.

Well, there are more reasons for limiting the connection; that's why we have
a separate paragraph about it. Just moving one of them up here doesn't look
like an improvement to me.

Best regards, Julian