Re: Piloting a University Outreach Programme

2013-11-08 16:23:05
Jari,

Just to supplement you here. At my (very very small) university in Europe,
we've had a former IETF chair, an AD, an IAB member, several WG chairs, and a
couple of enthusiastic authors of key RFCs  come talk to our students and
faculty over the past couple of years, in forms of intimate discussions or
large seminars (but, most often, both).

It's been quite simple to make happen, really: use of the magic word "please",
and everybody asked has said "I'd love to, let's see if we can piggy-bag it on
next time I travel through the neighborhood".

And it's been great!

Timing and schedules of people is - occasionally, but understandably - a
challenge.

It has never been a challenge, however, to find an IESG/IAB/IETFer who was
willing and enthusiastic about the idea of giving a talk or a seminar.

Thomas

Sent from my iPad