Re: problems facing the internet

2013-11-09 14:53:45
my primary concern relates to the idea of "intermediaries" that practice
surveillance ---  in the US, like Verizon, TWC, Comcast, ATT etc…  or
Starbucks, the Hyatt ad nausea.
Many/Most of these folks, in an ISP role, practice "surveillance" in the act of
being an ISP, forwarding packets, traffic engineering, billing, etc…

Hardening the Internet makes lots of sense, esp. when the end nodes also
control the transmission channels.
Outsource -any- of that and guess what…  somebody else is going to be looking.

/bill