RE: Commnets on draft-farrell-perpass-attack-00 was RE: perens-perpass-appropriate-response-01

2013-12-04 17:00:40

Where are these being discussed? It's a response to an IETF draft, ergo
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org is entirely appropriate. That Perens doesn't submit it
as an internet-draft in response just suggests lack of political nous.

Way to go on the selective quoting - I see you ignore the DRM point. Sheesh,
you can't even give a pointer to the refutations you apparently cite.

Don't you have anything substantial to say yourself, other than snarky
oneliners?

Lloyd Wood
http://sat-net.com/L.Wood/

From: Ted Lemon [ted(_dot_)lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com]
Sent: 04 December 2013 22:42
To: Wood L  Dr (Electronic Eng)
Cc: bruce(_at_)perens(_dot_)com; IETF Discussion; perpass;
ietf-http-wg(_at_)w3(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Commnets on draft-farrell-perpass-attack-00 was RE:
perens-perpass-appropriate-response-01

On Dec 4, 2013, at 5:05 PM, l(_dot_)wood(_at_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk wrote:
This is a political problem, not a technical problem. From a technical
perspective, caching static content matters.  Trying to figure out problems
that aren't security problems matters. Mandating secure communications for
worldwide http is pretty much the same as mandating secure encrypted email
worldwide - large failure modes, resulting in an inability to communicate.
Which is why use of secure email is not widespread.

I take it you haven't been reading the responses to Bruce's essay, or you would
have seen that these points have already been discussed and refuted.