Re: [TLS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-applayerprotoneg-03.txt> (Transport Layer Security (TLS) Application Layer Protocol Negotiation Extension) to Proposed Standard

2013-12-16 12:24:15
Hi -

From: "Alyssa Rowan" <akr(_at_)akr(_dot_)io>
To: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>; <tls(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>;
<iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: [TLS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-applayerprotoneg-03.txt>
(Transport Layer Security (TLS) Application Layer Protocol
Negotiation Extension) to Proposed Standard
If HTTP/(1|2) is all it's really intended to be used for at this time,
(your and Martin's response makes me think maybe it is), then perhaps
we SHOULD only use it for that at this time.

I think that would substantially weaken my objection. How would others
feel about that?

I think at least a little consideration should be given to other
protocols that employ TLS, e.g. Netconf.

Randy