Re: [Gen-art] Gen-ART review of draft-bundesbank-eurosystem-namespace-02

2013-12-17 10:56:32
David: thank you for your review. I thought that

Admittedly, it is true that, at the first stage of usage of the
'eurosystem' namespace, the mass production use of the assigned URNs will
be contained in messages carried in cryptographic digital envelopes or
Vitual Private Networks.  However, the transparency requirements (needed
for establishing and maintaining public trust into the subject financial
transaction systems), open software development processes, and software
deployment require the origin and authority for the URNs to be easily
identified, and the URNs to be resolved on the public Internet.
Therefore we claim that a Formal URN Namespace is warranted for the
intended purpose.

would be good material to add to the draft, it made the situation clear at
least for me. And I did think the community section was a bit short.

Barry/Miriam, can you coordinate some suggested text before the IESG approval
telechat on Thursday?

Jari