Re: WG Chair as author of WG document

2013-12-20 08:46:13
On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Stephen Kent <kent(_at_)bbn(_dot_)com> wrote:

no. When my co-chair was a doc author, he recused himself from managing the
WG discussion and the IESG writeup process. no problem. But, I personally
believe a WG chair should not be a doc author (within the WG) very often.

I was just about to raise that as an example.

I don't often volunteer to chair working groups I plan to participate in
because I expect to either write documents or be very vocal in pushing for
a particular direction.

But when I did chair a working group there were often times when it would
be far easier to write the damn document myself than get someone else to do
it. Not for the core WG items but for pieces like media registrations for
work in other venues.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/