Re: Last Call: <draft-farrell-perpass-attack-02.txt> (Pervasive Monitoring is an Attack) to Best Current Practice

2014-01-01 22:08:55
On 1/1/2014 7:39 PM, Melinda Shore wrote:
work which might have helped provide tools to mitigate
some of the soft spots in IETF work has been backburnered in
favor of no small amount of unfocused grandiosity that doesn't
actually change much.

For all of our combined verbosity about privacy abstractions and policy, I haven't noticed folk trying to propose specifics and getting ignored or backburnered.

I fear that we are indulging in a cause/effect error. The probably reason we aren't pursuing needed specifics is that we don't know how to.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking