Re: Last Call: <draft-farrell-perpass-attack-02.txt> (Pervasive Monitoring is an Attack) to Best Current Practice (StW)

2014-01-07 07:28:38

Hi Stephan,

Some non-trivial points below, but actually I think your posting
is a great example of why the IETF needs this draft published.
If we do not get that done, then anyone proposing to consider or
mitigate pervasive monitoring is liable to have to re-litigate
this entire debate in whatever WG is involved, because absent an
IETF consensus position on this, you and those who agree with you
will, holding the position you do, feel bound to question such
work, which could be quite disruptive overall. (I'm not saying
you'd be disruptive btw, the ultimate fault if any lies with the
signals intelligence agencies IMO.)